In order to become a part of our Certified Nurse’s Aide Training Program, students must complete the application and return it to Friendship Place for consideration. These can be picked up at Friendship Place.
There are processes and procedures that must be completed before an applicant can be fully considered for the program.
How To Apply for the Scholarship Program:
- Fill out the application and,
- Return it to the Friendship Place office with a United States Postal Service Money Order for $8.00 made payable to S.L.E.D. This is a one-time non-refundable fee.
- Provide a copy of a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Provide a copy of each: a valid Social Security Card, state photo identification cards or driver’s license, or birth certificate.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a pastor, teacher, or old employer sent directly to Friendship Place in a sealed envelope.
There is a deadline for the application process which will be stated on the application. All of the steps must be completed before anyone can be considered.
Once everything is turned in, the applicant will be scheduled for an interview with a selection committee. There are only 8 slots available for our scholarship program.
What Friendship Place Provides for each student:
- Full tuition to Horry Georgetown Technical College
- State Board Test fees
- Class book and workbook
- School supplies (including binder, pencils, pens)
- Required Blood Pressure Cuff and Stethoscope
- Complete Scrub uniform for Clinicals
DHEC required immunizations
- Outside training and mentoring from Nurses
Study hours and practice tests
- Career counseling
- Transportation to the State Board Test in Charleston
The class will be administered through the Horry Georgetown Technical College.
40 hours of classroom instruction
40 hours of clinical training
20 hours of study and tutorial through Friendship Place
This is an intense program that requires complete commitment from the applicant. Due to DHEC standards for Nurse’s Aides, the 80 hours of classroom/clinical completion are non-negotiable. If a student does not fulfill the required hours, then the student is not eligible for graduation.
Friendship Place does not discriminate in hiring, selection, or employment on the basis of religion, creed, race, sex, national origin, ancestry or age, disability and veteran status. No question on our application is intended to secure information to be used for discrimination. Applicants may request accommodations needed to apply for work. We are an equal opportunity employer. We will give the application every consideration. However, in accepting it, Friendship Place makes no commitment to enroll the applicant in the course of training.